Mount Bachelor, Bend, Oregon
The New Haven Ski Club liked Mt. Bachelor so much the last time we went (2015?) that we decided to return. Located just outside of Bend in central Oregon, Mt. Bachelor claims a rare geography that allows 360 degree skiing. From the summit you can ski in-bounds in any direction.
February 26 - March 5, 2022
Cost with IKON
We'll be staying just a half mile from downtown Bend, an upbeat, cosmopolitan town with world class breweries and cuisine.
A welcome reception will be held on our arrival with free beer, wine and apps, and we'll go out for a free group dinner one night.
Dog sledding, tubing, cross-country skiing, day and night snowshoe tours, a Crater Lake tour, snowmobiling and more are available through Wanderlust Tours .
Only a few spots remain for this trip! See Chris Chaltas if you're interested.
Download the flyer or explore more of the details of this trip below.
You must be a paid member to sign up!
Staying in Bend
Our Element Hotel (a Marriott property) accommodations include:
- Complimentary breakfasts
- Free shuttles to the mountain, twice daily.
- Free happy hour (beer and wine only) Tuesday through Thursday from 5:00 to 6:30 pm.
- A kitchen in every room
- About 1/2 to 3/4 mile to downtown locations
- An indoor pool and hot tub
- Suggested downtown beer destinations include the Deschutes Brewery, a well-known craft brewery serving locavore fare; the McMenamin's Pub at Old St. Francis School for the quirky ambiance; and the Bend Brewing Co. for its riverfront location. A little further away are the Crux Fermentation Project, for the serious beer conoisseur; and Worthy Brewing Company and Restaurant for the huge space and creative pub grub.
Skiing at Mount Bachelor
- With a base at around 5,700' and a summit of 9,065', it offers about 3,365 feet of vertical.
- Trails are marked (extreme terrain, 3%), (most difficult, 22%), (more difficult, 55%), or (easier, 19%).
- Woodward Mountain Park zones comprise a network of terrain parks for all ages and abilities.
Getting there and back
- On February 26, 2022 (exact time is TBD), a bus will bring us from the Harugari club to JFK International.
- We will depart from JFK at 7:30 am on Alaska Air flight #479, a direct flight into the Portland International airport (PDX). We'll ride a Boeing 737-800 for 6 hours and 5 minutes.
- After arriving at 10:35 am on February 26th, we'll take a three-hour bus ride to get to Bend.
- On March 5th, we will depart in the morning for the return bus ride from Bend to PDX.
- We'll depart from PDX at 2:15 pm on Alaska Air flight #545, a direct flight back to JFK. We'll take another Boeing 737-800 back home for about five hours, arriving at JFK at 10:20 pm.
- A bus will then return us to the Harugari.
- A $500 deposit is due at signup.
- A second $500 payment is due by October 15, 2021.
- Your final payment is due on November 1, 2021.
- Checks may be made out to the New Haven Ski Club.
- The club also accepts Venmo payments to @newhavenskiclub.
- A $500 penalty will be assessed for cancellations before November 1.
- No refunds are available after November 1.